Problems installing demudi testing and several questions to demudi
luna
2007-01-22 11:12:02 UTC
I'm new on the list and I have several questions on using demudi and upgrading
from stabel (1.2.1) to testing (1.3)

A few month ago I installed successfully demudi 1.2.1. (Installing 1.3 from CD
failed) Since I experimented a little bit with demud 1.2.1 I wanted to
upgrade to 1.3 but this failed again and is stll impossible. I searched the
users-list archive and found several messages about similar issues
like "kernel-upgrade doesn't work" and similar. But never there was an answer
wich worked for me. For me there are allready problems by contacting the
server ;-)

An entry in my apt sources.list like
deb http://demudi.agnula.org/packages/demudi testing main
and even
deb http://demudi.agnula.org/packages/demudi stable main

gives me mostly error-messages that it's unpossible to contact the server.
Sometimes it works, but there are very less packages in the testing
repository, no kernel-image at all, no demudi-package, nothing.

Trying searching the demudi.agnula.org website and the list-archive I often
end on this site:

http://expired.revenuedirect.com/park.php?domain_name=AGNULA.ORG&site_id=20788

Something seems to be wrong. Who knows?

My questions:
* is Demudi still in an usable state?
* is there any possibility to install an Demudi-Testing Version?

I'm planing to install some audio-workstations for an local radio. Does it
make sense to use demudi? Is it still under development? Is there any
maintainer? On the agnula homepage there is written, that the project was
ended in 2004. But obviously there is some development, because the latest
changes where sometime in 2006.

Who has an anser for me?

best regards
luna
luna

luna
rxKaffee
2007-01-23 02:27:48 UTC
Hey luna. I believe the agnula.org domain name is currently out of
registration. I have always used debian etch repositories rather than the
official agnula.org ones. They have much more current software and seem to
be totally compatible.

I believe the demudi project has been just about retired. It seems more and
more people are moving to Studio64. Some others here should be able to
comment better on that. Also search the mailing list archieve, if we have
one. There has been several discussions lately regarding the state of the
demudi project.

If you have experience with demudy 1.2.1, why not use that for the radio
station? Unless they have brand new computer hardware, you should find
support for all necessary functions in 1.2.1 I would think.
Hi,
Daniel James
2007-01-23 10:15:09 UTC
Hi Luna,
Post by luna
I'm planing to install some audio-workstations for an local radio.
Audacity is good for quick, destructive editing. You might also like to
look at Rivendell for broadcast automation:

http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

Cheers!

Daniel